Monday, January 19, 2009

Meymaneh update.

Forgive me on the length of time it took me to update you all an Meymaneh. Let me start by saying that God is good. I take joy in knowing that we are not called to pursuade anyone into recieveing the gift of Jesus. We are called to obedience through the preaching of the gospel. God will draw unto himself his people. He does not need us. However, He choses to use you and I for this task. What an honor we have. I went back to the Mall with a New Testament Bible and a book written by a Muslim man who had found Christ. I showed Him in his Quran where it spoke of Jesus being the Word of God. He said, "Yes, that is correct. Jesus is the Word of God." I then showed him that the Gospel of John starts with this same statement and that this Gospel will describe what being the Word of God means. He said he, "looked forward to reading both the Bible and the book." And then he said something that shocked me and once again revealed to me all that we are missing around us everday. He said, "I will read them and then would like to get together with you in a week to discuss what I have read." I didn't have to ask him. It was his desire. I am amazed at how God reaches out to His people and honored that I get to be a part of it. I can't help but to think of Keith Green's song, Asleep in the light, where he says, "Bless me Lord, Bless me Lord, you know it's all I ever hear. No one hurts, no one aches, no one even sheds one tear. But He cries, He weeps, He pleads and He cares for your needs. And you just lay back and keep soaking it in." We must get out of this self-centered mindset. May we never be comfortable with where we are at. Let God use you and you will see love like you've never seen. Keep praying for Meymaneh. That the Holy Spirit will speak to him and that God would continue to draw him to Himself. By the way, the song is one listed below. I encourage you to listen to it.

2 comments: